Sat, May 06|
Slaying The Demon of Fear! A Journey to DeSTIgmatize STIs
Slaying The Demon of Fear! Join Dr. Evalene Molina Dacker to hear the Fool’s journey through the land of sex negative education towards knowledge, liberation and empowerment.
Time & Location
May 06, 2023, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Slaying The Demon of Fear! Join Dr Evalene Molina Dacker to hear the Fool’s journey through the land of sex negative education towards knowledge, liberation and empowerment.
Through sex positive education, the Fool encounters and calms the beasts Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, the Sorcerer Human Papillomavirus and the Werewolf Herpes Simplex. But alas, the end is still not at hand (or mouth) for the waters of Vaginitis: BV, Candida and M. Gen must be tamed and laid to rest.
The Fool learns through understanding risks and gaining tools to minimize infections they are able to overcome shame and slaughter guilt. They gain the knowledge that pleasure is not a sin and come to accept that being human is messy business. Through that wisdom they are liberated from the tyranny of sexual subjugation to find connection, love and orgasmic bliss.
Those who identify outside the dominant paradigm of hetero monogamy can learn from this journey and the story is for you.
Dr. Evalene Molina Dacker will present a sex-positive perspective on sexually transmitted infections.
- Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HPV, HSV, and common vaginitis infections
- Minimization of STI transmission for non-monogamous, kinky, and queer people
- The importance of testing and how to get what you need from your healthcare provider
- Understanding STI transmission risks beyond PIV/PIA
- How risk tolerance plays into our stigma and fears
- The importance of understanding sexual networks
- The use of testing and communication to reduce transmission
The 90 minute class will be followed by a 30 minute Q&A.